Saturday 26 March 2011

Product Review - Future DayDreams

A couple of weeks ago, I was indulging in my daily ‘comping’ addiction on Twitter, feeling rather down and blue with my chronic pain.  I think that the comping fairy decided to take pity on me that day and granted me a fantastic little win from Vanity Van.  The prize was a fabulous little selection of goodies from a company unbeknownst to me at the time called Future DayDreams


This small UK company offers a fantastic selection of products for outdoor activities including eco gadgets, festival fundamentals and camping products - all of which are carefully chosen from a variety of ethical, UK-based suppliers. Whether you are a Glastonbury Goddess or a New Forest nymph, everything you could possibly need for a Great British day out is available at Future DayDreams - regardless of what the temperamental British weather has in store! The three prizes that I received reflect this company’s diverse range of outdoor goodies.


Rain, anybody?
Firstly, and without a doubt my favourite of the prizes, is a Hot Fuchsia Pink Clear Dome Umbrella.  Well, the little girl in me came racing out on seeing the pink banding, handle and tip!  I could not wait to open it up and not being one for the old adage, ‘It is bad luck to open an umbrella indoors’, I did so straightaway.  And boy, does it look impressive opened up!  It gives a total of 30 inches coverage (measured from the middle, across), thus ensuring you will stay nice and dry on even the crappiest of days.  I know this for a fact, having been caught up in a rather dramatic rain shower last week!  


However, its practicality is not confined to its size.  Perhaps the most obvious practical aspect of this umbrella is the fact you can see through it.  Whether you are traipsing amongst the crowds on a muddy field in Glastonbury or dodging your way amongst commuters in central London, this umbrella is a must in ensuring you do not bump into everybody, causing aggro and grief along the way.  In addition, my lovely mum also pointed out another great feature of the umbrella, which I am ashamed to say that I did not notice.  By being dome-shaped unlike ‘conventional’ umbrellas, you greatly reduce the risk of poking someone in the face when you are dashing through the crowds.  


At £7.99, this gorgeous and practical umbrella is excellent value for money.  If you are averse to pink though, fear not! There are a total of 13 different colours to choose from, including a more conventional black for the straighter-laced amongst us and cheery yellow for any budding Little Miss Sunshine!  And if you are still not convinced by this product (though I think you all will be), just remember that this is the type of umbrella used by our dear old Queen.  If it is good enough for someone like Lizzy who is used to the best things, it is good enough for a schmuck like me!


Changed perceptions!
Another of the prizes I received was a Snowflake Peruvian hat.  Now, I have to admit that my view of this type of hat, prior to receiving it, was that it is a cultural symbol of the great-unwashed.  However, even if that is actually the case, I must say that they are onto something!  


On wearing it, the first thing that struck me was the coverage that I was getting over my ears.  It is often a part of the body that one neglects in the winter.  I have been out countless times, wearing a hat to ensure I retain my body heat as much as possible, but still feeling miserable because the cold wind ends up biting at my ears.  With this hat though, there is no danger of that.  And just to provide that extra element of toastiness for them, as well as the rest of your head, the hat is fleece-lined.  I must admit that my initial negative perception of this style of hat altered completely, purely down to its sheer practicality.  However, I even had to relent and accept that it really is rather cute.  With its knitted pom pom, plaited sides and detail of large snowflakes and different-sized hearts, a smile did burst through my cynicism. The hat is very fairly priced at £4.99, and there are four different styles of it on offer, each with up to six different variations.

Beer, me!
The third prize in my collection, but by no means least, is the dinky Liquorice Allsorts Can Cooler.  I remember that I entered the competition purely because of the yummy appearance of the product!  As I have mentioned before, when it comes to anything to do with sweets, I am conditioned like one of Pavlov’s dogs. 
However, beyond the exterior of Bertie Bassett’s love children, this product is immensely practical.  


The Koozie, as it is also known, is insulated with neoprene, the material used to make wetsuits.  As neoprene is an insulating material, it ensures that your chilled beverage of choice will stay cold in your Koozie until you have chugged it down.  When I tried it out, I found that my can of coke was still well chilled four hours later!  However, why just use it to keep drinks cold?  Owing to the insulation, you could use the Koozie to keep your baby’s bottle warm on a long day out.  This certainly saves on the potential hassle of asking a member of staff in a pub or restaurant to warm up your little one’s bottle for you.  And herein lies the beauty of using neoprene in the Koozie - you can fit a variety of different can and bottle shapes into the cooler because of its ability to stretch.  


In total, there are five different patterns of Koozie from which to choose, and all of them are available in two different sizes.  The longer, slimmer size is ideal for anyone going to a UK picnic concert this summer as you can take a chilled bottle of your favourite tipple to enhance the evening! Priced at £3.49 (both sizes) this practical little gem shows just how consistently good the prices are at Future DayDreams.


Fierce and practical!
Not only am I really thrilled with the products that I won from Future DayDreams, I am also glad to have found out about the company itself.  I probably never would have done so, had it not been for the Twitter competition.  I have no doubt that I will be making a purchase from Future DayDreams in the near future.  I am impressed by both the amazing selection and the prices of the goodies on offer for lovers of the outdoors.  In fact, I must confess that I have my eye on these fantastic wedge wellies (right). Kate Moss wore this style of welly at Glastonbury a few years ago with a pair of hot pants.  However, I will not be replicating her to a T for fear 
of committing crimes against humanity with my prominent derrière! 

Items reviewed from http://www.futuredaydreams.co.uk/

Hot Fuchsia Pink Clear Dome Umbrella £7.99

Snowflake Peruvian Hat £4.99

Liquorice Can Cooler £3.49 


                                                                


No comments:

Post a Comment