Wednesday 23 March 2011

Competition Review - Kandee Shoes


Have you ever wanted to indulge in a sweet craving without the guilt-associated calories?  If so, take a look at the sweet wonders available at this ‘Kandee’ shop.  You’ll be spoiled for choice – it has Lemon Sours, Black Jacks and Chocolate Limes amongst its delicious selection.  And the best part is that they are calorie and fat free - a breakthrough not even imagined by Weight Watchers!

Okay, so maybe I have eked out the analogy of Kandee Shoes being like candy.  However, this is the very simple yet ingenious concept that has inspired the enigmatic designer behind the brand, Josh Wayman.  He envisioned a world of shoes inspired by candy in terms of colour, texture and shape and the result is fun, bright and deliciously yummy shoes.

I am writing this review as part of a competition being run by Kandee Shoes to find out why people love their shoes.  Firstly, in my case, I think there is a conditioning aspect.  I start salivating on reading the names of the shoes and then, I’m in love with them.   Quite frankly, I feel like one of Pavlov’s dogs!

Lime Sours - Om nom nom!
However, names aside, the sheer delectability of the shoes makes me drool.  How can you not look at these Lime Sours and think ‘I NEED THOSE IN MY LIFE!’?  Not only do they look beautiful but for wannabe fashionistas, they are so versatile.  Imagine wearing them to a cocktail party with an LBD or teaming them up with a white vest top and skinny jeans for a causal afternoon with the girls.  You could even go all retro and wear them with an amazing 60’s dress like this one from Candy Says.  In short, they will become an essential part of your wardrobe.

Right, so you have your heart set on this pair, you have imagined what they will look good with and you're ready to purchase? Yes?  NO, because sweetness itself starts making your credit card quake with fear.


Glacé Cherry
Part of Kandee Shoes’ Special Edition Collection for Spring/Summer 2011, Glacé Cherry boasts great quality, as well as being stunningly beautiful.  The exterior is gorgeous crystallised suede whilst the insoles are made of lambskin.  For those who fear wearing large heels, the six inch heel is balanced out by a two-inch platform heel.  In all honesty, I would feel like a bad-ass version of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz strutting my stuff in these babies.  Screw Kansas!  I’m clicking my heels three times and saying ‘There’s no place like a party!’


Kandee Shoes are not all about funky heels though.  For those of you who are not into teetering on your footwear, it also has a choice of flat, ballet-style shoes inspired by liquorice.  With three delicious flavours to  choose from, Bertie Bassett himself would be proud!

Cult by Kandee
However, Kandee’s range is not just limited to scrummy shoes. Oh no! There are also yummy bags on offer!  The star of the Spring/Summer 2011 collection is CULT BY KANDEE.  The top panel of the bag is covered in crystals, the cheetah print front is made from cowhide and the quilted back panel and sides are real lambskin.  And just to show that the Kandee label is not just a pretty face, it has four protective gold feet on the base to ensure your bag will stand up when put down.  So whilst you’re having a drink, the bag can scream ‘Look at me!’ to the world.  At three hundred nicker, most of us, including me, can only dream about a bag this scrumilicious.  However, as Emerson once said ‘The invariable mark of a dream is to see it come true’!

Kandee shoes is a fantastic, young, fresh brand that has developed out of an ingenious concept of making shoes inspired by candy.  The result is a range of shoes and accessories that are bright, fun and which look good enough to eat.  
I LOVE Kandee Shoes for these reasons and I have no doubt you will do too! 


Products Reviewed from http://www.kandeeshoes.com/

Lime Sours £129.00

Glacé Cherry £149.99

Cult by Kandee £299.99

2 comments:

  1. oooo lovely but would probably break my neck, i like the Blue Liquorice Allsoles, safer option for a mum who is running around loads x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such shame Kandee treat their customers so badly. I have never experienced such rudeness. They sent me damaged boots, denied there's a problem, make up their own laws and have now stopped replying to my emails. All I asked for was the cost of returning the faulty boots to them as stated by law. I am Currently in the process of reporting them to Trading Standards.

    ReplyDelete